Your questions answered

Making a booking

How do we reserve a date?
Simple. Just call us on 07703 386600 or email We’ll hold your date for a few days until we’ve received your signed booking form and deposit payment. The deposit payment is £500 + VAT, while a Civil Wedding deposit is an additional £300+VAT.

Which days and what times can I have my wedding/function?
Friday (from 4:30pm for civil weddings and 3.30pm arrival for a church wedding). Licensed until 12 midnight. Music until 12.30am. Premises must be vacated by 1am.
Saturday. Licensed until 12 midnight. Music until 12.30am. Premises must be vacated by 1am.
Sunday. Licensed until 12 midnight. Music until 12 midnight. Premises must be vacated by 12.30am.

Can we take a look around The Tudor Barn?
We’d be more than happy to take you round on a Saturday morning when we have a wedding in the afternoon. This way you’ll get a real sense of what at the Tudor Barn is like. To make a viewing appointment, please call Debbie on 07769 940970 or Tessa on 07703 386600 or email

Civil Wedding Receptions

How many people can attend a Civil Ceremony?
Up to 90 seated, including the bride and groom.

When can a Civil Ceremony be held?
Not before 12 noon and not after 5pm on Saturdays and Sunday. On Fridays, only at 4.30pm.

Can I play music during the ceremony?
Yes, we have a music system available. Please note, for a Civil Ceremony please avoid all overtly religious music.

Wedding Breakfasts

How many people can be seated?
The maximum is 130 sitting, the minimum is 70 adults attending. A minimum charge for 70 adults is made even if that number is less.

How many people to a round table?
A maximum of 10 people per table.

How many people can attend if I’m having a standing buffet?
The maximum is 180, the minimum is 70 adults

Is there anywhere to change?
Yes, we have a dedicated Brides Room.

Catering and drinks

Can we supply our own caterers or bring our own drink to the Wedding?
No, sorry.

Can I have my wedding cake as my dessert?
You can, but you’d still have to pay for three courses.

Does the menu change a lot?
The menu you see on the website is the most up-to-date version, although our caterers might change elements of it from time to time.

Do you have high chairs?
We have two for you to use, but you can bring extras if needed.

Do you have a cake knife and a cake stand?
Yes. The cake knife is free to use, and a cake stand is £10 to hire.

Can we have a list of bar prices?
Of course. A list is available on request.

Is the drinks package required for all adults?
Yes. The drinks package must be ordered for all guests over the age of 18.


Do you have a public entertainment licence for music?
We do. On Fridays and Saturdays all music must finish at 12.30am, and on Sundays at 12 midnight.

Can we supply our on DJ or band?
Yes, at a cost of £60 (including VAT). A DJ must have suitable safety compliant equipment and a band must have suitable licences. We will request to see up to date PAT tests and liability certificates before the function. A booking form can be supplied on request.

Can you supply a music system?
Yes, music is available for Civil Ceremonies and with your meal as background music.

Do you have a microphone?
We can provide one for speeches.


Can we have candles?
Only tea lights in high sided holders due to fire regulations. No naked flames.

Is smoking allowed?
Only outside the barn please, including E-cigarettes.

Are we allowed confetti?
Yes, but only on the lawns.

Can we have a bouncy castle, fireworks, Chinese lanterns etc?
No, due to safety regulations and nearby horses.

Can we leave our cars over night?
Yes, that’s fine. Although you do so at your own risk. And they must be removed by 11am the following morning.

Can some of our guests stay on the grounds in campervans or tents etc?
Sorry, no.